It's fair to say every person in England is trying to ignore the obvious signs that September is lingering in the distance. There are three reasons for this. You go back to school/collage/work starts back up in 'full swing'. You are also confronted with a pile of 'summer' added weight, you now need to loose. And finally, the early starts with darker mornings begins! I've just entered a beauty competition, all about 'your secret's to getting the best start in the morning' and I thought I'd share mine with all your lucky readers. So SHUSH!
If you fancy getting involved in the competition for yourself, enter at
1. First thing's first, if you've had less that 6 hours sleep, then it's no surprise you're feeling like a zombie when you wake up. Ensure your getting at least 6-7 hours sleep for an adult and 8 hours+ for you teenagers out there! You many struggle to get the right amount of sleep for many different reasons: you're working late, your having trouble sleeping, you've got kids/pets that keep you up all night. Whatever it is - find a solution that suits you! There's so many 'sleeping pills' you can take, that will have you getting your Zzzzzz's in no time!
2. Secondly, that all important ALARM CLOCK is so necessary it's unbelievable. You can get all sorts of gadgets now, that can tell your sleeping pattern, and wake you when you're most likely to feel 'awake'. Either way, you need the most annoying ringtone, (at the highest volume) to get you out of that bed! I always leave my phone across the room, so when it goes off, you have to get out of bed to shut it up!
3. Next, ditch that 'another 10 minutes in bed' thought! As soon as you hit those covers again, you'll find yourself struggling to get up and go even more! If your alarm frightens you enough, get out of bed as quick as you can - and don't look back! I also have an obsession with making my bed as soon as I get up - once it's made you'll feel less inclined to dive back under it.
4. Okay, so your out of bed. Still looking like a zombie...what next? I think establishing your own routine, will really help you get into action for your working day. I brush my teeth, wash my face/shower, do make up, get changed and have that all important coffee! But hey, you might like your coffee first, and a shower after - whatever way it is you find best, stick to it and complete it every morning. I always suggest washing your face - as it forces your 'ever-closing' eyes, to open!
5. To top it all off, you need to think 'look good' no matter what the weather! Plan your outfit for the next day, knowing you'll love wearing it, so your happy to get up and flaunt it! One giant cappuccino will also do you the world of good, and a delicious breakfast - although I LOVE porridge on a autumn morning, as it keeps my belly happy for hours!
So yes, there's a few tips to help you tackle those early morning get ups coming your way! In some ways I can't wait to get back to collage and see my friends, but I know it takes some getting used to those long and dark mornings!
If you've got some of your own tips please leave them in the comment box, as I'd be happy to hear them, or enter the competition for yourself! oh yeah, and don't forget to hit that 'follow' button!
Lots of Love